having recently gone back to work after returning from a year in Buenos Aires, I have been tooled up. One of those tools as you may already have seen from my previous post is a new laptop, and just by way of showing off, I thought I’d post the specs up.
- Mobile Workstation AW-M4400n - Dell Precision M4400n-series Base
- Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo Processor T98002.93GHz, 6M L2 Cache, 1066MHz FSB
- 8GB (2x4GB) 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM
- 15.4 " Ultrasharp(TM) WUXGA (1920x1200) RGBLED Display with TrueLife(TM)
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 770M, 512MB dedicated memory
- 8X DVD + /-RW Drive
- 2nd Hard Drive 120GB SATA (5400RPM) Hard Drive (External)
- Integrated 0.3 Megapixel VGA Webcam with Single Digital Mic for WUXGA LCD
- Wireless Network Cards -Intel WiFi Link 5300 (802.11 a/g/n 3X3) MiniCard
I have also made the decision (as many other Readify people have) to install Windows 7 RC on it. So far there have been no serious problems, but there are a few things I have found and I will blog about them as I find and (hopefully) fix them.
The first one was Google Chrome not working, but there are many posts about this, however even after this, Chrome does seem to be a little unstable from time to time, the end result of which is I end up spending half my time in IE8 which I have no real problem with.
The second problem was the bluetooth issue I talked about in my previous post.
I do get a little bit of instability from Visual Studio 2008 from time to time. I think it has something to do with Team Member Presence information in VSTS Team Explorer, and so I turned off this feature and it now seems to be a lot more stable.